Explore the FAQs and details about the initiative.
The Prosper Waco initiative is a community-wide “collective impact” initiative that focuses the work of many individuals and organizations on working together to improve the Education, Health, and Financial Security of Waco and McLennan County. The initiative provides a way for non-profits, businesses, school, churches and other partners to communicate with each other and align their work toward achieving maximum impact in our community.
The Prosper Waco organization serves as the “backbone” of the larger initiative. For more on the role of a backbone organization see the Our Model. This means that the Prosper Waco backbone organization sole function is to help facilitate the collaboration necessary for the Prosper Waco initiative to succeed. This facilitation takes several forms, such as:
- Convening community stakeholders through steering committees to review relevant data and establish measurable goals for the initiative
- Convening working groups of initiative partners to strategize about how best to collaborate to achieve the initiative’s goals and identify work that needs to be done in the community
- Engaging a wide range of community members in crafting a vision for their neighborhoods and supporting their work in improving their community
- Supporting partner organizations in understanding how to measure the impact of their work through the use of data and program evaluation
- Serving as a hub for connecting organizations who want to work together, connecting partners to resources that support their work, and helping community members find ways to get involved
Visit the Get Involved section on our website!
- We can connect you to a wide range of potential partners and collaborators who may be able to help your organization achieve its goals. Collective impact is built on the willingness of community stakeholders to partner together to achieve greater impact.
- We can help your organization improve its capacity to utilize data to evaluate its programs and tell its story. Prosper Waco can also share a variety of local data sources to help your organization make strategic decisions about its work. Contact our Director of Data and Research to learn how she can support your organization in tracking its program performance.
- We, while not a funder ourselves, can help your organization understand the various sources of local funding and what you may want to consider when approaching potential funders.
No, Prosper Waco does not provide direct grants to organizations. The Prosper Waco backbone facilitates the collaboration of local organizations to develop projects that are more than any one organization can achieve.
- If your organization is a non-profit organization that wishes to operate a program related to the initiative, we would love to talk to you about the project, its relationship to the Prosper Waco initiative goals, and similar projects that exist in our community. If your organization is this collaborative approach, we invite you to present your ideas to the relevant Prosper Waco working group or steering committee, which can provide feedback or consensus about the project. This consensus may assist you in securing funding from local funders who are interested in supporting work that advances the initiative’s goals. Contact our Initiative Coordinator for more information.
- If you are a community member who has an idea for a program or best practice that could benefit people in our community and advance the initiative’s goals, please share your ideas. You can pass along information to the Prosper Waco team or present ideas yourself to the relevant Prosper Waco working group or steering committee. Contact our Initiative Coordinator to learn more.
To read brief descriptions of various projects related to the Prosper Waco initiative, click here. You may also want to join our monthly email newsletter by entering your email address at the top of our Homepage. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
If you are interested in viewing data that tracks our community’s progress toward the Prosper Waco initiative goals, visit the Data Dashboard section of our website. If you are interested in the various research that has informed the initiative and examines various issues in our community, visit the Research page of our website. Contact our Director of Data & Research for questions and additional information.