Want to get involved in the initiative?
1. Mentor Coalition. Across the city of Waco, community members are joining together to make Waco a better city by becoming actively engaged in the lives of young people and fellow community members through mentoring. Each week, hundreds of people spend intentional time with the youth of Waco building relationships and supporting each other for future success. These mentors are involved in tutoring, reading clubs and many other fun activities.
2. Community Engagement. The Community Engagement Council members are residents of East, North and South Waco who host small, intimate conversations each month with their neighbors, friends and community members to engage the Waco community about the Prosper Waco initiative and to make sure the voices of our Waco community are heard and guiding the work of the initiative.
3. Volunteer. We work with many community partners that have a need for volunteers. Whether you want to volunteer with job training programs or want to engage with students, there are countless opportunities available for you!
4. Eat Healthy, Get Active!. Visit Live Well Waco’s website to learn about fun, active community events happening in Waco and resources to be well, eat well, play well, think well, breath well and work well.
5. Receive our newsletters. Stay abreast of the Prosper Waco initiative by receiving our monthly newsletter.